Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Takin' It Easy

So I have 5 more days until I start my first job as a college graduate.  For those of you who don't know, I'll be working for Cooper Industries (no, not the tire company) as an Operations Leadership Program member.  My first role is in their Power System Division in South Milwaukee, where they manufacture switch gears, in the purchasing department.  

Until I have to go to work on Monday I plan on taking my days very easy.  I started today off doing absolutely nothing.  The only productive things I did were work on my herb garden and cook dinner.



(My lovely little garden pre potting...)


(And after.  I got these cute little herb tags at an antique store for 50 cents a piece and printed out some tags on some nice coral paper.  I planted basil, lavender, parsley, oregano, and sage.  We'll see how green my thumb is!)


(And dinner!  I made two turkey slider burgers with red onion cheddar.  Grilled zucchini , mushrooms, and onions.  And a serving of salsa and blue corn tortilla chips.)


Tomorrow I'm going to try and make some Weight Watchers banana bread to put in the freezer for the next couple of weeks.  I'm also going to get the ingredients to make home-made bread in the crock pot!  I saw a recipe online and I'm going to have to give it a try.  I'm really trying to prepare and freeze a bunch of meal options for myself so I don't have to do as much prep work when I get home from work.  If anyone has any fairly easy recipe that are good to freeze let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment