Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ready, Set, Bake!

Today was another beautiful day in Milwaukee, WI.  You have to love weather in the low 70's.  I started out my day by checking out and signing Wes and I up for a membership at the Wisconsin Athletic Club (aka The WAC).  It's a super cool network of gyms with a location that's .4 miles away from our apartment, AND it meets Wes's one requirement for a gym; it has a basketball court.  Which is pretty hard to find in a downtown city gym.  Anyways, I ended up taking my first cycle class in a long time and got my ass kicked on the 6th floor of a skyscraper. 


(After watching all of those people work out while I was at The WAC, I was hungry.  I stopped by Two Brother's Pitas, which is a little food truck that stops in the park by my place, and picked up some lunch.  It was too beautiful of a day to stay inside so I grabbed my picnic blanket and headed to the terrace to soak up some rays on my lunch break.

In the words of Tyna Brady I then became a become a modern day Martha Stewart, sans the jail time.
(Marthaaa, Martha, Martha, Marthaa.  Some of you will find that extra funny)
Below are all the things I made today!


(I saw a recipe online (my new favorite phrase) for Ranch dressing with drastically fewer calories that the real stuff.  As many of you know, I find Ranch to be an extremely important sauce for life, and can consume it in inhuman amounts.)  


(Anyways, the recipe calls for 1/2 cup milk,  1 cup of plain Greek yogurt, and a packet of HVRD.  Whisk together and viola.  A very nice Ranch substitute.  I think I'm going to try and make the Ranch Chicken on the back of the HVRD packet with this stuff to cut down on calories!)


(My next task.  Banana Bread!! Well... Banana Muffins, because I soon learned that we do not have a bread pan.  Nor do we have a can opener, so I had to knock on my neighbors doors again and ask to borrow theirs.  But I did bring them some of the yummy muffins to say thank you, so hopefully that makes up for me not being able to find any of our stuff.  (We're also still missing all of our skillets except for the Wok, our under bed storage and extra pillows, and my staple guns.  I'm most concerned about the staple guns and how it's inhibiting my crafting.))


(Muffins in the oven!  This recipe came from another online blogger http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/
This lady eats no processed foods.  Which is basically 75% of my diet. I'm slowly trying to make a few simple switches to eat healthier and cut down on the HFCS, sugar, and sodium that I take in on a daily basis.  These Banana Nut Muffins have no added sugar and are made from all natural ingredients.)


(The finished product.  They were super yummy and tasted very natural, but not in a bad way!  Next time I will use bananas that are more ripe so that they will be sweeter!)


(I also made some homemade spaghetti sauce!  This was very easy and has like 1/2 the amount of sodium in the canned kind.  I also got to use some of the fresh herbs out of my herb garden (yay!) in the mix.  I'm going to combine half of the sauce with some ground turkey/hamburger and leave the other half plain.  Then it all goes in the freezer!)


(One of the many things that I bought with my graduation money was this Ninja Blender Pro.  And it's officially the best thing ever.  The black top is the motor mechanism, and it comes with two different bases depending on the size of what your blending/chopping.  It doubles as a blender and a food processor and it's the best thing ever.)


Tomorrow I'm going to a a step class (I love step!) in the morning and then make some tomato bisque and tomato tortellini soup!  Wish me luck and I'll have pictures posted tomorrow.

Also, tomorrow is the last weekday that I won't have a job, probably for the 40 years. 
 Isn't that depressing?  Sigh.  Adult life, I'm not ready.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment