Tuesday, June 5, 2012

And Now, What You've All Been Waiting For...

Wes has officially gone back to work, and I will be a Lone Ranger for the next 4 weeks.  It's harder for me to post when he's around since we try to have as much together time as possible before he goes back out on the boat.  But let me tell ya, when you live together, you have lots of together time.  Here's a quick recap of our weekend.  (Which lasts a really long time when you haven't started work yet;))

(One thing that I have learned living in the city is that everything I want is in the suburbs.  All the good useful stores i.e. Walmart, Home Depot, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, that you need when setting up an apartment are many miles away.  Wes and I drove out to get a grill on Sunday.  The only grill they had was the display model, and they would not take it apart because "they'd have to take apart the whole thing".  So we tried to fit it in my car assembled.  That did not work.  So Wes and I took the "the whole things apart" with no tools in the middle of the Lowe's parking lot.  Many Lowe's employees walked by and did not offer help.  Needless to say I am officially a Home Depot woman.)



(The fruits of out labor! Two juicy t-bones, sauteed mushrooms and onions, grilled squash, zucchini, mushrooms, and onions, and a strawberry and feta spring mix salad.  And in true Wisconsin style, a little Red Onion Aged Cheddar on the side.  Yum!  Wes is a great griller!)


(We finished the night with a game of "In a Pickle" which is a very fun, even for just two people.
I highly recommend it!)


(Monday Wes and I travelled in to Walker's Point to have lunch at the Horny Goat Brewing Company. It's right on the harbor and they have the best spinach dip I have ever had in my life.)


And here they are folks... pictures of my new place!  Now I have done some decorating, but it's not all done yet, so don't judge me too harshly.  I left out photos of the kitchen, because nothing has changed there.  I hope you like it!!


(Dining Room area.  This is a view from the guest bathroom!)



(This is my parents old dining table, thrift store place mats, clear glass plates from World Market, white salad plates from Pottery Barn, napkin rings from Crate&Barrel.  
The scrabble tile holders have the seats ready for Wes and I and are curtesy of my Mom!)


(View of the living room from the entry way.  This is my new coffee table that Wes bought and assembled for me from the JC Penny Furniture Outlet!)


(View from the couch to the chair/tv stand.  Although our apartment includes internet, it's the ole ethernet kind, so this is the only chair in the living room area that I can use for internet purposes.  I'm sure it will soon become the official blog chair!)


(Our new (sort of) wet bar!  Wes and I took an old antique china cabinet, fitted it out with a wine glass holder, some shot glasses, a shaker (curtesy of Ally Chilton Brown) and wine bottle stopper (curtesy of Chelsy Lewis) and of course some liquor, and we got ourselves a wet bar!)


(View of the bedroom when you walk in to the master.  We got the rocking chair for only $15 and it's meant for someone extra tall... just like Wes.  The American Flag quilt on top of it was the main inspiration for the whole bedroom and was made by Wes's Grandma Haines.)


(View of the dresser and rocking chair from the closet.  I got the inspiration for the wall design from a trip my Mom and I took to Pottery Barn and tweaked it for my own tastes and materials I had on hand!)


(View of my bed side table and bedding. 
An old sewing machine base is the perfect start for my night stand.  A photo of Wes and I, a vintage tray, and lamp adorn the top.  You can also see two small glass birds on the tray.  My sister and I got these on a trip to visit our grandparents on my Dad's side when we were both very young.  They are one of the fondest things I own.  We thought they had been lost for several years, but found them after cleaning out the attic this summer.  I'm not sure how I ended up with Jordan's, but I promise I'll take good care of it!)


(View of the closet.  This has to be pretty close to the closet of my dreams.  Wes was a real trooper and gave me the entire closet except the small sliver on the left.  And good thing he doesn't have many shoes because my 50 pairs take up enough room.  Yes, I actually own 50 pairs of shoes.  And that is downsized, considering I just took 24 pair to the resell shop.)


(View of the craft room/home office from the double doors leading in to it.  We got this table and chairs (it came with two chairs for only $25.. sweet right?) at the JC Penny Furniture Outlet as well.  It's really big and tall and perfect for my current craft projects or just writing a letter!)


(The storage container in the craft room.  This room has received the least amount of attention in the past couple of days, and will receive the most use and attention in the upcoming days.  I've got lots of projects ahead of me, so look for more photos tomorrow!!)


(I dropped Wes off at the airport for his two o'clock flight today and this is the picture he sent me shortly after.  Happy Flying Wes!!)



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment