Saturday, June 9, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ballllllgame...

Last night I went to my very first Brewer's game with the OLP's, interns, and other employees at Cooper!  It was a super fun night with great weather and I was very excited to meet the people I'll be working with.


(This is what happens when you don't know what the dress code for the event is.  Kathryn, Jordan, and Mara received around 7 photos of possible outfit options.  Too bad I actually tried on at least 20 different outfits... ooooppps.)


(So in Milwaukee, people tailgate for baseball games.  Brewer's fans start arriving three hours before the opening pitch to grill, drink, and play different games.  My mother raised me to never go to a party empty handed, so naturally I brought this.  The Big Bucket of Margaritas.  It's available at your local Wal-Mart for a mere $3.47.  Needless to say, it was a huge hit at the tailgate.)


(There were two other Aggies working for Cooper at the tailgate!  Cliff graduated last year from the ID Department as well and happened to get Iced at the tailgate!  I'm becoming more and more reassured that I chose the right company!)


(Cliff, myself, Dan, and Kate at the ballgame.  The seats weren't the best, but the were free, so I can't really complain!  The rest of the night was filled with places named Trinity, Harps, and Jo Cats, tons of dancing and no bartender being able to decipher my drink order due to my accent.  Oh, and I also got denied access at a bar for my "fake id".  Sweet Milwaukee, sweet.)


(View of Miller Park!  Whenever the Brewer's score a home run, the shoot off fireworks.  And whenever the Brewer's score, their mascot slides down a huge slide!)


(Yesterday I made some cheese tortallini  tomato soup, divided it up in to cans to freeze and left one in the fridge for lunch today...)


(And here it is!  It's a super easy recipe and very delicious.  I walked over the The Market to get a fresh ciabatta roll to go with it, and then it's bon appetit!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment