Saturday, June 16, 2012

Polka Time!

This Saturday Michelle went to our very first festival of the summer in Milwaukee; Polish Fest  
Due to her savy-ness, we got in for free!  Which was good:)

We started off the night with a trip to La Perla.  This was my first taste of Northern Mexican food.  I asked for my enchilada to be covered in "queso" and it came out covered in melted cheese.  Which as Izaris would tell me, is exactly what I asked for.  Oh well.  


(A great night for Polish Fest 2012.  It started to rain at the end, but that's okay.  There's only so much of the "Non-Stop Polka Stage" you can take!)


(Polish dancers?  There were a lot f of interesting sights at this festival.)


(You can ever play chess at Polish Fest! And there were surprisingly a lot of people playing...)


(In addition to the polka, and whatever those people in the above photo were doing, there were some very creative young children out there doing their thing.  Their act was literally 25 minutes long and included everything from Lady Gaga to traditional Polish music to some Grease numbers.  Oh and did I mention they sang as well?  Watch out for these rising stars;))

No comments:

Post a Comment