Monday, May 14, 2012

Graduation

The past few days have been an absolute blur.  Wes and I's families were both in town, Jordan and Jim flew in from Cincinnati, I moved out of the lovely Delta Zeta house for the last time, we moved Wes out of his apartment, and oh yeah, I graduated college. 

Here's a look at the past few days through photos.

(So I decided to start bedazzling the top of my graduation hat the day before I graduated.  I thought it would only take me 30 minutes, Kathryn can tell you how well that worked out.)


(A little before 1am I said goodnight to my undergraduate career...)


(Good morning college graduation!  And did I mention my ceremony wasn't until 7PM??)


(Wes and I brought the Haines family their first Rusty Taco experience for breakfast. 
I'm really going to miss Mexican food.)


(Here's the final product of my graduation cap, thanks to Kathryn's help.  It was very sparkly and was easily spotted from my family's seats in the second tier of Reed Arena. In Wes's words, I looked like a "disco ball".)


(Wes's grandmother made a quilt out of my old DZ shirts for graduation.  
My favorite part was the signature...
"From DZ to DZ, Love Marjorie"
I'll post more graduation swag later.)


(My sister Jordan, and her BF Jim were able to fly in from Ohio for the occasion,
I must be one lucky girl!)


(Before the ceremony Kaitlyn and I were all about the photo ops.
Here we are with Norm Clark, he has been an amazing mentor and teacher for both of 
us over the years.  Shout out to Directed Studies.)


(Myself, Kaitlyn, and Victoria.  What a great group of girls to spend 3 hours with every 
Monday and Wednesday.  I'm gonna miss you two!)


(The boys of Hawthorn and I.  Minus Alex, he got there a bit late, but that's okay because we sat next to each other for the next 3 hours.)


(My last photo as an undergraduate student of Texas A&M University.)


(Shout out to Robert's dad for snapping these awesome photos of me on stage.  Here I am hugging 
Dr. Loftin, I also got a handshake:))


(Power walking across the stage.  My family claims they were hollering at the top of their lungs, but i honestly didn't hear a single thing!)


(My first photo as a graduate of Texas A&M University.  I obviously look a ton wiser already...)


(Kaitlyn and I were able to meet up after graduation on Northgate for one last photo and drink.  She's headed to Houston to work for DXP in their Operations Program.  Good Luck Kaitlyn!!)


(The Girls and I on our last night out.  Too many memories and too much love in this group.  You'll all be in my heart for forever.)


(Wes and I at Daisy Dukes.  It's strange to thing that just under 4 years ago
 we met out on that 
dance floor.  Life is crazy isn't it?)


Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Okay. Should I correct the grammar or not???? Seriously, thanks so much for your help this evening. You are still Rachel! I love it. Mrs. C and I have talked so many times about your class. I think we could have just simply said your guys are in charge, and you would have definitely taken care of everything. We loved, loved, loved your group. You inspired us so much. Thanks for that. I love your blog and will definitely become a follower (your need a follower option BTW. I've taken some time off from mine, but I plan on getting back to that now that I am soon to become a lady of leisure. Stay in touch. Love you bunches. diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com or debeats.blogspot.com. I'm closing the English one :)

    ReplyDelete