Friday, May 18, 2012

Go!

I found it!  I found the perfect apartment in Milwaukee for Wes and I!  All with the help of my lovely mother, Rebecca.  I can't thank her enough for coming along for this trip.  I don't know what I would have done with out her.

After a very overwhelming morning of apartment tours, I had no idea what I was going to do.  My realtor dropped my mom and I off at the car and we headed to the Third Ward to grab some lunch.
(The Third Ward is a super charming neighborhood with great food and lots of shops.)


(We stopped by the Milwaukee Public Market to see if we wanted to grab a bite to eat there...)


(Wisconsin is the cheese capitol of the world!  
I feel like I might be able to out do my 12 days of queso while I'm here.  Uh oh...)


(We ended up eating a place across the street called The Wicked Hop, mainly because they had tables to sit at and our feet were super tired already.)


(Here's a picture of their version of a bloody mary.  Complete with pickled okra, olives, shrimp, and string mozzarella cheese on top!)



We then met the most lovely lady named Laree Allen, of Allen Kitchen and Bath, who was able to show us a condo available in my price range and in the area that I think Wes and I would get the most out of.  Now the current tenant is in the middle of moving, and these photos were taken on my phone, so it really doesn't do the place justice, but it's an AWESOME condo!


(This is the view from the semi-private terrace garden that I share with 3 other condo owners.  My condo is on the 2nd floor, and the lower level is a wine bar, Italian restaurant owned by one of the Brewer's players, a shop, and of course Allen Kitchen and Bath.)


(The wonderful kitchen.  I'm so excited to test out my potential cooking skills!)


(My master bath.  Complete with a 3 person jacuzzi tub, his and her sinks, 
and stand up shower with two shower heads!)
 

(After the tour we headed back to the Public Market for a little snack.)


(My mom and I at the Milwaukee Public Market.)


After I saw the condo I knew it would be the perfect place for Wes and I to call home for the next year, but there's alway a catch. There was another couple that would be in 
about 3 hours later to tour the same apartment. But thanks to a little southern charm...



(I got it!  Here I am with the lovely Laree, my signed lease, and my deposit.  I
'm so excited for Wes and I!)



Since we were able to find a place today, my mom and I get to spend all day tomorrow exploring Milwaukee.  The adventure continues!!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment