Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Graduation Swag

I forgot how lucrative it can be to graduate school.  After sending out my graduation announcements, my home in Arkansas started to receive gifts out the wazoo, which is totally awesome.  Now I already posted a picture of the quilt that Wes's grandmother made me, and I would post another picture of the inscription but it's already been packed in a box headed for Milwaukee.  

If any of you know me, you know that I love jewelry and wear a ton all the time.  So you'll see that is a pretty common thing among my gifts.   Not pictured is a pair of emerald studs from my grandmother Winnie Sue, and a pair of gold knot earrings with diamond centers from my Aunt Beverly.


(So one of my best friends Gena and I have been playing a little game for the past two years.  She received this lovely wooden hanger when she got her comforter dry cleaned 2 years ago, since then we have been hiding it in each others rooms and closets every so once and awhile.  It's made it through one College Station move, and now found it's way back to Arkansas.  It was the ultimate hide on Gena's part, but I think she might be receiving something in the mail soon:))


(This picture does not do my new Kate Spade briefcase and laptop bag justice.  It's absolutely beautiful black canvas with black leather trim.  Thank you times a million to my sister Jordan!)


(My new white polo hat from my adopted mom, Marcia.  I've been wanting one of these for awhile and have been too lazy to buy one.  Marcia took care of that for me!)


(All of the cards that I've gotten so far.  Thank you so much to everyone who sent me well wishes on my graduation!)


(A silver monogrammed necklace from my Aunt Beverly.  I love it!)


(My gorgeous new gold hoops that my mother an father gave me.)


(Silver and gold hoops, also from my mom and dad!)


(And one of my graduation presents to myself, a Birchbox subscription.)


(My May Birchbox came with a blue sparkle liquid eyeliner from Stilla, Disco Ball polish from Color Block, Keratase hair system samples, and some nifty all over miracle cream.  I've already used the eyeliner and I'm excited to give everything else a try as well!)



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment