Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Down and Durby

Ah, Kentucky Derby season.
I find horse races to be very, very fun.
Part leisure, part excitement, and all glamorous.

Here's a look at our Derby Day festivities in MKE.

(The night before the Derby Meg and I got together to craft our hats.  I love how mine turned out and am considering wearing it "as is" poolside this summer.)

(We settle on The Iron Horse hotel for our viewing party.
And with a wristband for bottomless Mint Juleps, we were set for the afternoon.)

(While this guy was no Orb, he was still fun to take photos with!)

(Friends.)

(Meg and I in our Derby outfits and hats.
Although we look summery, it was a very brisk 50 degrees on Derby Day in MKE.)

(Out with my girls later that night.)

Next year is the 140th anniversary of the Kentucky Derby.
Wes and I will be there to get down and derby at Churchill Downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment