Sunday, June 23, 2013

Crossing the Mason-Dixon Line

Here's a look and Wes and I's trip down to Atlanta...  Enjoy!

(811 miles of pure fun.  I don't think Wes and I had been confined in that small of a space together for quite sometime.  Good thing he didn't kill me:))

(After and slow and cranky start in Milwaukee, we decided to stop for the night in Louisville.  We ate at a great little Mexican spot.  The bar across the street had this sign.  
My question is... How else is tequila served?!)

(The next morning we started off the day with a tour of the Louisville slugger museum.  
What's the point of driving across the country if you don't actually get to see any of it?)

(Wes and I out in front of the big bat.)

(They had a baseball themed lego display with mini models of several of the nations stadiums.  
Miller Park was one of them!)

(More baseball players made out of legos.)

(We decided to commemorate the trip with a personalized baseball bat.  
It'll be a nice reminder of our trip down and it also serves as a good weapon to leave by the front door in Atlanta.)

(Wes and I also decided to stop at the Maker's Mark Distillery and get the first stamp in our Bourbon Trail Passport.  I hope to get the remainder stamped in this coming year!)

(Makers Mark advertising posters.)

(And again...)

(We had a great time at the distillery.  We ate mash.  Had many a sampling.  And got to hand dip our own bottles.  Overall success.)

Wes and I spent the rest of the day driving down into Marietta where we stopped for the night.  Saturday was filled with moving two packed U-Box's and our car into our tiny 650 sq foot apartment.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment