Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Right Here, Right Now.

I feel like I'm finally starting to settle in here in Milwaukee.  Maybe it's all the great friends and family that have been coming in to town to visit me, which has definitely been a blessing, or me getting used to my role at work.  Whatever it is, I'm exciting for the rest of the summer!!

Last Friday I received my first big girl paycheck!  Naturally, in true female fashion, the first thing I did was go shopping.  I headed South to the outlet malls outside of Chicago and tore up the sales for pre-4th of July Festivities.  I did buy some semi responsible items (new skillets at Calphalon, a nice slip for my work dresses, etc.)  but most of the day was filled with mindless shopping.


(Here's just one of my purchases.  A great new pair of neutral summer wedges from the J. Crew Factory Store.  In my defense these are replacing my golden summer wedges from last year.  
But aren't they cute?)


 
(Saturday I headed out with Chris and some of his work friends.  It was so awesome to be around Aggies for the night.  We started out the night with a trip the The Safehouse, a local restaurant and bar. You have to know the "password" to get in or they make you do funny stuff to get into the bar, they then videotape your whole entry process and project it on 20+ tv's on the inside.  It was so funny!)


(We then headed down to Summerfest to see ZZ Top and The Scorpions.  Overall it was a great night and Chris and I got to catch up on where life has been taking us.  So sad that he's going to be moving to Memphis in two weeks though!)


(Sunday night, Chris and Diego came over for dinner.  I forgot how much easier it is to cook for more than one person!! We had guacamole burgers and baked parmesan zucchini fries for dinner.  For dessert I grilled peaches and topped them with a homemade yogurt and honey topping and some blueberries.  They were super yummy.  Thanks for being my guinea pigs guys!)


(Last night I decided to make some treats for my co-workers in celebration of the 4th of July (which is also my Memaw's birthday!!).  I made rice krispie treats and cut them into stars and then packed kabobs with fresh banana's, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries.  I called them edible sparkler and they were a huge hit.  The best part? I came home without any leftovers!)


 (You might recognize Jim from his previous appearance on my blog.  Remember the tie-dye shirt, jean cargo shorts, crocs, and sweatband?  Yes, this is the same man.  I loved his America themed polo... it was the perfect mix between frat-star and Jimmy buffet, and with the addition of his edible sparkler he was the true "Uncle Sam" of Cooper today!)


And the best part of today... WES IS OFF THE BOAT!
I'm picking him up at the airport tonight and I'm SO excited.  Wes left 3 days after we moved in and we haven't been able to talk very much since he's been gone.  It'll be great to catch up!

And the next best part of the day... JORDAN FLIES IN TOMORROW MORNING!
I can't wait to see her!  The holiday will be filled with The Lakefront Brewery and Distillery tours, biking along the lake, fireworks in the park, and sister time!  
SO EXCITED!

And the next best part of the day...  TOMORROW IS MY MEMAW'S BIRTHDAY!
Winnie Sue Cox, you're life has been so full and adventurous all these years.  
You're always happy and ready for anything and have always been one of the world's #1 Memaws!
I hope it's a great day, love you miss you!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment