Monday, July 30, 2012

Going for the Gold

There's nothing like the Olympics to bring the world together, or make you want to go work out at the gym.  I don't know anyone who doesn't find these athletes absolutely amazing.  What I find even crazier, is that most of the people competing are younger than me!!

Here's a look back of some of my favorite Olympic memories...

(The Magnificent 7 of the 1996 Olympics.  Last night Jordan and I relived watching this on the pull out couch in our living room in Denton.  I can still remember Dominique Moceanu's floor routine and imitating that in my living room for months afterwards.  Shortly after these games my dad built Jordan and I a balance beam from a 4x4 covered in carpet.  We were on that thing every day.  I will also still blame Jordan and Kerri Strugg for my inability to do a back walkover.  Thankgs guys;))


(The girl in the middle here, Svetlana Khorkina, made me think I could be a real gymnast.  She gave me so much hope for "us tall girls".  Too bad she's only 5'5''.  That Russian diva.)


(Yall remember this guy?  Michael Johnson?  Fastest man in the world?  Yeah not anymore...)


(Who could ever forget the 2008 Beijing Games.?  Not only was it the most impressive opening games (sorry the only cool part about London's opening games was getting to see Kate Middleton)  but Michael Phelps.  Dang.  I was very concerned his swim suit would fall off after this relay win.  But the major question is how did I not notice how cute Ryan Lochte was 4 years ago??)

Can't wait to see what the 2012 Games bring!!


Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment