Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday Weekend!

This birthday weekend was spent my with my Mommy and Memaw!  It was a beautiful weekend here in Milwaukee for shopping, which is what me and my mother do best!

On Saturday the three of us headed out to Cedarburg, WI.  It's this super quaint little town full of antique stores and boutiques.  It reminded us a lot of Brenham, Texas. 

(My Mom and Memaw outside in Cedarburg.)


(We had lunch at Anvil Pub & Grill.  It's in an old blacksmith shop that's been turned into this super cute restaurant with very yummy food!)


(View from the back porch of Anvil Pub & Grill.  Cute little Canadian Geese Family:))


(There was this awesome little bakery shop in Cedarburg that has the largest selection of cookie cutters in North America.  All of the walls were filled top to bottom like this with cookie cutters, cupcake liners, and other little baking nick-naks.  
I got an Arkansas, Texas, and Wisconsin shaped cookie cutter!)


(On one of the walking bridges.  Look at those lovely Kendra Scott earrings:)  
Fun Fact: Cedarburg also has the last covered bridge in Wisconsin)


One of the main missions while my mom was in town was to get a few more things for the apartment.  Since Wes isn't always the most patient shopper, so it was great to have my Mom here for that!  


(I got two new dining room chairs.  They are a great denim blue color, with nailhead trim.  A new photo for the dining room wall.  And some new flowers for my vase!)


(My Mom and Memaw also help me pick out some new pillows for the living room couch and club chair.  My mom also brought me these two super great lamps as one of my birthday presents; the bases's look like logs.  If any of you guys remember my failed stump project from before you'll know that I love all things tree like.  I also got a lovely sofa table for them to sit on.  Do you know how hard it is to find a sofa table these days?  No worries, my mom can find anything!)


I also got a new bedside table for Wes's side of the bed.  I'll be posting pictures of that stuff and the other things I bought this weekend later this week!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment