Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tag Team Back Again!


So it's been about a week since I've blogged, but I've been trying to soak up as much time with Wes and Jordan as I possibly could!  Here's a recap of the past week...

Jordan flew in to town last Wednesday for the Fourth and to spend the weekend at Jim's family reunion and at the same time Milwaukee was experiencing the hottest streak of weather all summer.  Go figure. We spent the 4th sweating on the porch of the Horny Goat Brewery and then took a 3 hour nap.  Yup, that's right.  We napped on the Fourth of July.  That's freedom for ya!

(Wes and I on the Fourth at the Horny Goat.)


(The next day we got a little bit smarter and headed indoors to the Milwaukee Public Art Museum.  Every First Thursday of the month they have free admission, so we scored a free look at Toulouse La Trek's Posters of Paris exhibit.)


(The Calatrava is a super impressive and artistic building and has a beautiful view of Lake Michigan.  The best part about it?  It was air conditioned!)


(After a failed attempt to tour the Lake Front Brewery (who knew they sold out so quickly??) Jordan, Wes, Anisha, and I headed to the Water Street Brewery for a little beer flight!)


(Before: 8 beer samplers all brewed at the Water Street Locations.)
  

(And After!  Amazingly we finished all of the samples we had!  There was lots of mixing and matching and what not of course, but we somehow managed to finish.  I'm not gonna lie, Wes drank all of my nasty tasting ones...)


(Jordan and Anisha after the tasting.  We might have actually lucked out in not getting in on the Lake Front Tour, as Water Street Brewery was air conditioned, and Lake Front was not.  No need to drink in 100 degree weather when you can drink in the cold air.)


(How American is this photo??  This was the dairy farm we went to for Jim's family reunion.  It was a wonderful weekend and Wes and I felt right at home with his family! Thanks Moe clan for being so nice to us!!)


(The best root beer I've ever had.  Made right here in Milwaukee!)


(One of these things is not like the other... Wes is a true kid at heart (which is just the way I like him) and spent a good portion of the day creating his own breeze on the swing set.)


(Now my mom always taught Jordan and I never to show up to a party empty handed, and family reunions are no exception!  Last year for the 4th we made what was dubbed "America Pie."  It was basically a pizza sized sugar cookie covered in a cream cheese spread and topped with fresh fruit.  Since pizza sized pies don't usually make 2 hour car rides well, we decided to make these super yummy miniature version.  Thus, "America Cookies" were born.  They were just as delicious as they look!)


(Jim's family owns a specialty grocer called Brennan's that carries 
the freshest and most delicious things ever.  
We brought home some of the freshest, juiciest peaches I've ever had.  
Wes and I will definitely be heading to the Milwaukee location to stock up!  The Monroe location even had a rocking sheep you could ride.  And how often do these things have a sign on them that say "Please Ride Me"?  Right?  Best place ever.)

I would have more pictures but Jordan failed to send me the ones she snapped on her phone.. Cough Cough.. send me your photos Jordan!!

Since the weekend Wes and I have been super busy.  We went a bought some new bikes to ride around town, had dinner with Chris at Hinterland, and went to look for a new car!

Shopping for a new car is very exciting, but very stressful.  I want to make the right decision!! If you have any suggestions for a mid-to-full size suv, let me know! 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment