Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Houston Bound: Zogheib Wedding

Last weekend Wes and I took a weekend trip to Houston, TX.  
Let me tell everyone now, don't ever drive from Atlanta to Houston in a weekend.
Good thing we had a great time while we were there, because the drive back was pure hell.

(Wes and I in New Orleans on Friday night having dinner at Le Bayou Restaurant on Bourbon Street.)

(Pimped out Lexus on Bourbon.
It's amazing what people spend their money on these days.)

(After getting in to Houston around 2am, Wes and I woke up "early" 
for a 10am brunch with Reed & Taylor.  
Love this picture with two of my favorite guys!)

After a last minute trip to Bed Bath & Beyond 
(hello last minute registry shopping!)
Wes and I headed to the airport to grab Will and off to the wedding we went!)

(I Spy game on the reception tables.  Super cute idea.
I also liked the Mason Jar drinking glasses.  It gave my wine an extra sturdy base for 
all the dancing that followed.

(Wes and I at the wedding.  And yes, this is the same dress that I wore in the previous post.
Gotta get more than one wear out of those things!)

(Wes and some old college buddies.)

(It was so great to catch up with some of the people I literally hadn't seen in 2+ years.  Missed ya Mary!)

(Boys toasting to the night.)

(Wes and I with the Zogheib Family.  Loved catching up with them!)

(Melissa's frothy brew filled "Mrs." jar.)

(Parents of the Groom, and Wes's adopted parents for most of his college years.)

(The youngsters at the reception entranced by Caroline's voice and ukulele skills.)

(Stubbalicious and I towards the end of the night.)

(All hands in for the newlyweds.)

(Wes the cutie at Tsunami's after the reception.)

(With about 6 hours of sleep; Wes, Will, and I arose to start the long haul back to Atlanta on Sunday.
We parted ways with Will in Mobile, where he completed his 15 hour trip to Jacksonville, FL.
Wes and I continued on to Atlanta, where he drove us into the driveway at 2:30am.  
Such. A. Long. Drive.
But I couldn't have asked for two better to accompany me!)

With this week being the last week of the month, I'll be swamped with 4am overtime for the rest of the week, and a mandatory 8 hours on Saturday as well.  Just call me a working woman!  

P.S.  If you noticed some extra clarity in my photos, that's because I just got a new camera.  This girl is now the proud owner of a new Nikon D3100!  The perfect starter DSLR for me, and a birthday present to myself (I know, clearly I celebrate my birthday for months, not just days:)).

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment