Thursday, August 1, 2013

Grandfather Mountain

After our exploration of the Biltmore Estate, my mom and I headed over to Banner Elk, NC to reunite with my dad and some old family friends.  The Veneabeles have a gorgeous mountain home with enough space for  extra guests like me! 

(Delicious home made apple pie!)

(Saturday night sunset.  I enjoyed this view with a perfectly cooked steak and a cold brew.  
A great ending to a wonderful birthday!)

(View from the back deck on Sunday morning.)

As the last part of my birthday weekend we headed up to Grandfather Mountain.
It's home to tallest suspension foot bridge in America! And a beautiful nature reserve.

(Since my mom is terrified of heights she emerged from the 
gift shop with a bag of m&m's to "steady her mind.")

(Mom & Dad on the bridge.)

(The three of us out on the ledge of the lookout.  It was an absolutely breathtaking sight!)

(The mile high bridge!)

(After we had our picture taken out on the ledge the fog started to roll in from no where.  It was very surreal to be "up in the clouds".)

(Oh the places these feet have taken me, and the adventures we have yet to go on!)

(The curve from Forrest Gump's Run Across America.)

(My dad and I.)

(As Cindy pointed out, I will probably never celebrate another birthday with as many people that met me on the day that I was born as I did this year.  
I'm a lucky gal with great parents and wonderful family friends!)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment