Thursday, August 1, 2013

Buuuurfdayyyyy

For my birthday weekend I headed North to Asheville, NC to meet up with my parents.  
I had a great time and some delicious food.

On Saturday morning my dad got up early to go fly fishing and my mom and I headed to a great restaurant called Tupelo Honey for a fueled up breakfast before our adventures at the Biltmore Estate.

(Our delicious breakfasts.  Can you believe we waited in line for breakfast and were there when hte restaurant opened?)

(We then headed to the Biltmore Estate to look at a luxurious life of the past, even by present day standards.)

(The beautiful formal gardens.)

(The whole place was like a scene from Pride & Prejudice.  
And to imagine that it was built for a bachelor!)

(The massive conservatory.)

(cRaZy hanging cactus.  There was actually a whole room dedicated to cacti.)

(Mini stone bridge.
We ended up walking around the gardens for over 2 hours before heading into the house.
Which was un-airconditioned and didn't allow photos:(
It was still an amazing tour and I'm so glad my mom took me!

(The last picture I took on the way out.  Breathtaking!)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment