Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Fun

This weekend was great.  It was the perfect mix of friends, relaxing, excitement and exercise. Here's a little recap through photos...


(The blurriest photo ever!  Kate and I out in Bayshore to see The Dark Night Rises.  It was awesome!! You know what else was awesome?  The movie theatre we saw it in.)


(Saturday I went on a Jorts themed bar crawl with a bunch of LP's from Eaton. 
(I'm already bonding)
  Here's Emily and I at Duke's on Water.  Super fun day!)


(My co-worker, Chad, is leaving for Cooper-Bussman this Wednesday.  The treat he picked was a cheesecake.  This will be the last cheesecake I make for a very long time.  
There are a few reasons I don't like to make cheesecake.  
1. Time:  there is so much waiting, and warming, and browning, and cooling and refrigerating. And if you don't time each stage correctly it gets all messed up.  
2. Water Bath: why do I have to bathe a cake?? 
3.  Cream cheese:  I happen to love cream cheese, but this much cream cheese 
should never go in to one small treat.)


(At least it was a hit at work.  I got this recipe from the Cupcakes & Cashmere blog, which if you haven't checked out, you totally should.  I basically make everything she does. Sigh... if only I made as much money doing it!)

But my co-worker Chris told me I should open my own bake shop!! I'll have to fill her in on my plan for my second life (which starts at 36 for those of you who forgot).  

(This is the text I got from Reed today, how exciting.  I'm well represented in Kingwood, TX! 
 Reed has always photographed really well, and then he started dating Taylor, and then I was like whoa.  Have yall checked them out??  
They are such an attractive couple.  See photo below....)


(Like seriously?  Aren't they so cute?  I'm kind of obsessed... obviously.)


On Saturday I went for a run.  The first time I have run in over 6 months.  
I forgot how hard it is to start running.  Ugh.

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment