Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Funday

This week was full of entertaining, work, shopping, and weekend activities for Wes and I.

(The table was set for Anisha and Ryan to come over for dinner on Tuesday.  They were our first guest to eat on our new chairs with us:))


(Sorry for the blurry photo!  We had baked crispy ranch chicken, grilled eggplant, mushrooms, onions, and quinoa.  It was all of ours first experience with quinoa, and I have to say it was a success!)

Friday night Wes and I went and gorged ourselves at The Cheesecake Factory (why is that place so stinking good??) and watched The Campaign.  It was traditional Will Ferrel and Zack G humor, but they are always SO funny.)


(Saturday morning Wes and I got up and road our bikes up to Shorewood to have brunch at this place we always pass by.  Turns out they don't actually have brunch, 
so we biked back to enjoy an awesome meal at Cafe Hollander. 
 I had eggs benedict (of course) and Wes had Chorizo sausage biscuits and gravy.) 


(On the way back from brunch, we passed one of these hills along the lake side.  They all have a to of running/biking/sledding paths carved in to them.  Wes dared me to go down it, but I told him he had to go first.  This is Wes shortly before he completely face planted.  That solidified my decision that I would not be going down the hill.)


(Tiffany came in town to visit again this weekend and I had her Sarah and Meg over for fajitas and ritas.  After that we all ended up at Bad Genie... again.  I don't know what it is about that place that promotes dance offs, but there always seem to be a lot going on there.  
And no, I did not get in a dance off.)


(After Bad Genie, we took the long walk over to Trinity and stayed there for the rest of the night.  Sometimes I feel like I'm turning into my old roommate Haley, because just after this I placed my Jimmy John's order for the night and went home to get my sandwich.  Haley was always eating Jimmy John's for late night meals, and I've apparently picked up that habit as well.)


(This was the second Sunday in a row that Wes and I spent most of the day in the rain.  We had already reserved a couple of party barges to take out on the river/lake for today, and unfortunately the weather decided not to cooperate.  Good thing we all had great attitudes and made the best out of it anyways!)


(What are the chances of four Aggies living in Milwaukee all at the same time?  And three of them working for Cooper Industries?  And two of them being named Rachel?  Isn't the world small sometimes?) 


 

(While Wes napped the rest of the stormy afternoon away, I took the opportunity to craft a little.  I got the lamp on the left a lamp a couple of weeks ago; I was inspired by the lamp on the right from Pier One.  Unfortunately the one from Pier One is $125, and the one I snagged at Home Goods was only $30.  So obviously the color is all wrong and everything, but I fixed that...)


(VIOLA! It still needs a few touch ups, but I think it looks pretty good for $1.00 bottle of navy paint a, a little paint brush, and an hours worth of time.  Now I know it doesn't look exactly like the Pier One lamp, but I think it gives off a similar feel!) 


Until next time...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment