Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Napa Adventure: I want to ride my bicycle...

Sunday Wes and I got up extra early to go pick up our bikes from Napa Valley Bike Rental.
After driving the both of us around for the previous two days and dealing with me being
"white girl wasted" by 3 o'clock in the afternoon we decided it was time for us to both have fun!

(We started the morning by biking the 7 miles out to ZD Winery.
This was just one of the beautiful views on our ride out.)

(The gate and tasting room at ZD.
The winery was started by to aerospace engineers, their initials being Z and D.
But Wes and I picked our visit here because it's the reverse of my sorority letters... hahaha.)

(The beautiful blooming azalea's and my sweaty hair.  
Let me tell you, there's nothing glamorous about biking all over the place and 
then walking into a winery with helmet hair.)

(Our bikes!  Thank God for those little packs on the front.  It's where we kept our water all day!)

(Wes and I on our "eco-tour".  We spent the first couple hours of the morning walking through
their vineyards and checking everything out.  We followed that up with a wonderful
cheese and bread platter out on their back porch.)

(View from our cheese tasting spot.)

After ZD, Wes and I were on to the next one.  Check out the pics below for a look at the view on our ride.




(Wes and I then stopped at Frog's Leap Winery.
It was the prettiest place we saw on our entire trip
Hands down. Breath taking.  These pictures don't even begin to do the place justice.)

(The beautiful citrus gardens.)

(The wine barn.  We took our tasting on the second floor and looked over the balcony in pure bliss.)

(Arbor covered in wisteria.)

(View from the second story of the barn.)

(Wes and I by the fountain.
Good wine, excellent grounds, and one of our top picks for the vacation.)

Other highlights of the day included:
-Lunch at Rutherford Grill
-Meeting a young couple who lives in Atlanta and told Wes and I we're looking in the right neighborhoods
-Wes totally wiping out on the side of the highway and ripping two large holes in his shirt
(he wouldn't let me take any pictures... imagine that.)
-4 more wineries, and 20 more miles biked
-Having the sorest ass in the history of my life.

(As Wes and I biked back into Napa we passed The French Laundry.
Although we didn't get a reservation for this visit, it's definitely on my list
for our next Napa trip.  I guess I better start saving now...)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment