Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Milwaukee Zoo

Last Saturday Wes and I attempted to go to the Milwaukee Zoo. 
 It was the first nice day that we'd had (cough *50 degrees* cough) this year and it was one our Bucket List.
We arrived to a 15 minute long line and we weren't even into the parking lot yet, 
we made a u-turn and headed for the Harley Museum.  

Come to find out it was the Zoo's Annual Easter Egg Hunt.  
What a blessing in disguise.
There is something so UNappealing about walking around a zoo 
with hundreds of screaming children and their tired parents.

(I woke this ball of sunshine after a late night out (can you tell?).  
We had a grand Easter Brunch in bed which consisted of McDonald's.
We like to keep it classy.)

Then we were off like a heard of turtles.  We made it to the zoo before noon and were relieved to see an empty parking lot; exactly what we expected on Easter Sunday. So Wes and I spent the rest of the afternoon checking out the animals with a bunch of Jews and Asian tourists.  No really.  There were like 8 different Jewish families there and several large groups of Asian tourists.  
They must of had the same idea that we had; all of the good Christian boys and girls would be at church.

(The lovely Ape Exhibit, aka Wes's cousins.)

(Here kitty kitty kitty kitty...)

(The new momma Leopard and her two cubs!
A very proud Milwaukee Zoo volunteer told us that this would be the highlight of their year 
if not the decade!)

(Some kind of nocturnal fox kits.  They were breed in captivity by their parents but were being hand raised due to maternal neglect:( How sad??)

The Milwaukee Zoo gets an A+ in my book.  The grounds were well maintained, they had cool animals, and they are open 7 days a week 375 days a year.  
Thank you for catering to us on Easter Sunday.



And now for the good Christian boys and girls...

(My lovely mother, grandmother, and Aunt Beverly at church together in Arkadelphia.
What a good looking bunch!  
I can't even remember the last time I wasn't at church with my parents on Easter Sunday.    
But if I'm not going to church I don't know of a better way of celebrating Christ than going to look at all of the magnificent glimpses of the world that God created.  
Sometimes my head gets bogged down by how amazing everything in life truly is...)

We ended the day by using my Easter present from my parents, a Cheesecake Factory giftcard, 
and then watching an entire season of Downton Abbey; are yall watching?  
Wes and I are hooked.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment