Friday, September 7, 2012

Labor Day and Labor

Going home last weekend was such a great break.  Living in Wisconsin for a mere 3 months I had lost all tolerance for heat.  And with the humidity that Hurricane Isaac brought, the weather was less than desirable. 

(The view on my flight on the way down to Arkansas.  Hurricane Isaac was full fledge!)


(Friday night was spent with Chelsy!  After a long day at school, she was ready for these.  It was really great catching up with her and I'm so proud of her being in GRAD SCHOOL!)


(Saturday we went shopping for pantry and kitchen organization for my parent's new kitchen.  Sunday was my dad's 61st birthday so I treated them to Cantina Laredo.  
Nothing better than fresh guacamole, queso, and fajitas!!  
Later that day we saw Lawless which I thought was great and would definitely recommend.) 


(Saturday was the Hogs first game and this is a photo that Wes sent me of the sky in Arkansas. 
 I guess God was a Hog fan that day.  
I pray that he'll turn into an Aggie fan for Texas A&M's first game tomorrow!)

I did some serious shopping while I was home.  Warning: I will be listing some serious savings below!


(New blue clutch: $7)


(Body Glove bikini for $2.  Two freaking dollars for a swim suit.  Insane!)


(From top left.  Juicy Couture flats- $25.  Nine West patent wedges- $25 
Black jeweled t-straps- $6 Steve Madden bow sandals- $5.)


(Nude wedges- $4. Turquoise cross body bag- $7.  
Black Steve Madden cross body bag- $5.  Madden Girl sandals- $5.)


(For my last meal in Arkansas I had the infamous Whole Hog Cafe.  This is by far one of my most favorite places to eat.  The half chicken is just to die for!)


(After I had a very long, annoying, and irritating flight back to Milwaukee, I had this waiting for me!  Jordan bought me a Real Simple subscription for my birthday and I absolutely love it!!)


(This week Mike "the IT type guy" brought fresh tomatoes, green beans, and wax beans from his garden to the office.  I picked up a hand full and had them with boiled shrimp and quinoa for dinner!)


(My new note pads for work.  I think these are soooo funny.)

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment