Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Days Go By

It's already WEDNESDAY!  I can't believe this week has gone by so fast.  Well it's been fast and slow all at the same time.  Oh well, it's half way over either way!  


(My co-worker Lisa went down to Waco, TX for her highs school reunion and brought be back two sausage and cheese kolaches!! I had already forgotten how delicious these things were!)


(Yesterday was Cindy at works birthday.  I brought chocolate fudge cupcakes with cream cheese icing and chocolate chips on top.  All homemade from scratch.  They were all gone and eaten before I could even try one!)


(Jim from work has a garden that is in full bloom with lots of peppers.  Since I have such a tender mouth,I grabbed some to dry out and save for Wes when he gets back!  Plus Liz is going to let me borrow her dehydrator.  So this weekend I'm going to try my hand at banana and apple chips.)


(My neighbor Carin and I have started a little dinner trade off.  I make dinner for us one week, she makes dinner for us the next.  This week was Carin's turn.  roasted red potatoes, asparagus, and wild Alaskan salmon.  She is a much better cook than I am, so I definitely got the better end of this deal.)
  

(Here is one of my latest craft projects.  A Texas A&M inspired football wreath from burlap.  For some strange reason there was a shortage of tan burlap in the Milwaukee area, so this took me 3 different stores to find.  Once I got started I realized that I don't have any white paint (don't worry I have every other color except white) and can't finish this one just yet.  But don't worry, it WILL be done before the Aggies take on SMU this weekend.  I hope they trample those little ponies!)



(That leads me to these little gems.  Much to Wes's dismay I picked these up at the local Salvation Army for $2.50 for the pair. Yes, they are ugly as sin.  But that will be easily fixed once I work some magic.  I plan on painting them with a base of gold and then covering them in gold glitter.  I think they'll look great on my sofa table come Christmas time.)

Tonight while crafting I watched Snow White and the Huntsman.  It was actually pretty good.  I think Kristin Stewart excels in acting roles where she doesn't need to talk a lot.  

Tomorrow the Packer's take on the Bears in what seems to big one of the biggest games to hit the Milwaukee Area.  Several people are taking off work starting tomorrow to head up to Green Bay for the weekend.  Let's just hope the real Packer's show up instead of whoever was on TV last Sunday.  Hopefully Team TOUCH DOWNey does well in Fantasy this week.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment