Sunday, September 9, 2012

Girls Night, Football, and Crafts

Thursday and Friday were pampering days for me.  I got a mani pedi on Thursday night and a massage on Friday!  Now if I could only have that done every week... After my massage I met up with Natalie, Sarah, Meg, and Veta for sushi and Girls Night!!

(My yummy sushi rolls!  Meg and Sarah both got some that were on FIRE! 
 It was a great dinner with lovely people:))


(Nat and I at Kanpai for sushi and drinks!)


I watched the Aggies play on Saturday, and it was such a heartbreaking loss!  We started off like firecrackers, and then in true Aggie fashion, we gave it away in the second quarter.  At least I made these beauties!!


(Here's the before and after on these glasses for my bar.  I picked up the glasses for $1.25 a piece when I was home in Arkansas.  A paintbrush, some paint, and a lot of patience and I turned them in to these awesome Anthropology knock-offs!)


Today I spent the day watching the Packers lose.  Hopefully the loss doesn't affect my fantasy league too much!  Fortunately I had another craft project to work on.  I have a couple of other things on coming up on the craft deck; football wreath. reindeer makeover for Christmas, decorating for Halloween and Thanksgiving, etc.  So I decided to get a jump start on my Halloween decor.  

(This was a an almost free project.  I got the wreath form for $4 on sale at Michaels, my mom gave me this large amount of felt for free, as well as the straight pins I used to attach the circles, 
and the orange ribbon was on sale for $1.50.  
I wrapped strips of felt around the form, and cut out a million small circles.)


(And viola! You can't really tell the details of it from this photo but it's super cute!  I had originally wanted to make a black feather wreath, but boas are so expensive.  
So I think this looks pretty dang good for $5.50!)


(My dinner tonight!  Fresh green beans and sautéed mushrooms with parmesan crusted tilapia. It was very yummy.)


As you can see from the above photo I went to the grocery store.  Finally.  I was scraping by on the bare minimum with Wes before I went home, and once I got home I realized we had no food.  And then a week went by.  So then I really had no food.  It's nice to have a full fridge and pantry!  

Now that I have food to eat, our apartment is clean, and I'm on my last load of laundry (which never happens... every!) I'm going to enjoy some Real House Wives on New Jersey before I head off to bed!

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment