Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pho Real

This weekend had the perfect mix of just about everything.
A little shopping, a little party, a lot of friendship, and a really good homemade meal.

(After a quick day at work and a short nap, I met Karly and a couple of her friends up at P&P.
It's a dark little bar that specializes in mixology drinks with names like "A Firm Handshake".  It's a spot I know Wes is going to love and I can't wait to take him back.)

(The bartenders there are very knowledgable about their "craft" and I learned quite a few things about drinking while I was there.)

(After a break from such Firm drinks we headed over to Flip Flop and then finished the night out at Opera.)

(After a much needed sleeping in we headed over to Cynthia and Don's for some home made Pho.
I was thoroughly intrigued by the whole process and made Cynthia put on a mini cooking show for me with step-by-step commentary.)

(Did you know that the broth of the pho is what actually cooks the meat?!  I didn't...)

(Pickling onions to add in to the mix; Don's favorite.)

(Cynthia in action.)

(Yummy.)

(My pho.  Pho real is was so pho good I couldn't believe it pho sho.)

(Amir couldn't get enough either.)

(In addition to making pho, I did my laundry, we started the first season of Entourage, and I crafted.
I no know that Wes's last name is worth approximately $1.89.  Give or take a few pennies;))


This week will be spent cleaning the apartment, and then trying to keep it that way until Friday when Jessica arrives!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment