Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July Festivities

4th of July here in Atlanta left a lot to be desired.
My parents + extended family were all in the sunny city of Dallas for a family reunion
(and celebrating my Memaw's 80th birthday!!)
Unfortunately I didn't have the 5th off, so my travel plans were limited.
With the temperatures in the balmy 85's for most of the morning and complete cloud coverage
+ sporadic torrential downpours, I spent most of the day inside.  I did get out an about a little bit in the morning to catch the Peachtree Road Race right outside of my house.  Did I mention our apartment is in a great location?!

(Steady flow of runners from 8am-11:30 outside my doorstep.
The race sells out almost immediately so I couldn't run this year, but I'm going to try for it next year.
My friend Meg dared me to "bandit run" it, but with a cop every 3 feet I opted to stay outside of the raceway.)

(My friend Karly after she finished!  Woohoo America!)

(Our apartment was really close to the finish line and tons of my neighbors were out in our courtyard with breakfast, mimosas, and cowbells.  It made me really excited for all of the parades and events to come in this part of the city!)

(A very hazy Fourth of July in Atlanta.)

(Since the city fireworks were postponed due to low cloud coverage the people in my complex decided to host their own fireworks show.  AND, it was super legit.  Perfect way to end the holiday!)

(My sister was home working on some wedding details this passed week and sent me this...
aren't they just adorable?  Now if only Abbie actually liked Scout.)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment