Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snow Bunnies

Wes and I hit the slopes yesterday for the first time this season.  I hadn't been skiing since Freshman Year of college, and Wes hadn't been since he was ten.  He was super adventurous and decided to snowboard, I on the other hand stuck to my skis.

We went with some other people that work at Cooper in my program and had a great time.  The weather was phenomenal during the day (the warmest I've ever skied in), but the wind became ferocious that night (gusts up to 45mph!).

(Headed in to Alpine Valley! As you can see the day started out pretty dreary (and by started out the day, I mean it was 2:30pm.))

(After we got our tickets and rentals the sun decided to pop out for a bit!)

(Matt was my ski companion for the day.  Everyone else in the group was a newbie skier/snowboarder except for the two of us.
We got our system down and were able to get a run in, and get back on the lift in under a minute.  
(that should tell you how badass we are annnnd short the runs were...))

 (Wes and I at the top of the mountain as the sun was setting.  It's crazy how fast the sun goes down in the North!)

 (The lifts and runs shut down from 6-6:30pm to be re-groomed for night skiing so we all headed inside for a much needed warm up.  
This was when the wind was starting to get cRaZy.)

 (The whole gang ready for some night skiing.  I have to admit, skiing in general is cool, but skiing 
at night is completely awesome.)

 (A look at one of the runs that night.)

 (Wes and I fireside after a long day.  At the end of the day the wind got absolutely brutal so we just decided to call it a day at 8:00pm.  
But Alpine stays open till 10pm on the weekends for night skiing, and with it only being a 45 minute drive from Milwaukee, we'll definitely be back.)

 (Wes took quite the tumble in the afternoon and cut his day short due to a self diagnosed mild concussion. 
This was how he spent the rest of the night at home.  Poor guy!)

Hope everyone had a fun weekend!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment