Friday, January 18, 2013

New Year

It's 2013 yall!  My, how 2012 went by fast.
When I look back on 2012 I can't even think of anything major that I did (besides graduate college of course).
It's amazing how the mind remembers things, or doesn't.

As you can see the blog got a new look.  We'll see what happens...

Here's a look at some of my most favorite Christmas presents from friends, family and of course myself;)


(Jordan gave me two stellar gifts this year.
A May Books Planner and a new Camelback water bottle.  She's helping me stay on top of two New Years Resolutions.
It's the simple, pretty, little things in life that can perk your day up! Thanks seester:))

(My Mom and Dad scored big time with this bad boy.  
A big Hells Yeah for a Kitchen Aid Artisan stand mixer! See below for the christening baking event.) 

(The first thing I made in my mixer was Double Crunch Peanut Butter Cookies.  
One of my Ne Years Resolutions was to cook more out of the cookbooks I already own. (I have a terrible habit of just googling whatever I want and then putting Martha Stewart or Real Simple at the end. Haha.  BUT this recipe came from another present from my mom; a cookbook entitled Easy Comfort Food.  And for once, the title of this cook book did not lie.  It was easy, yummy food.

(Present to myself:  A masonrow.com stamper!  Very excited about this one.  Although I was pretty bummed I couldn't get mine and Wes's return address due to all of our moving, I thought I picked out some pretty good ones.)

(New kicks courtesy of my Aunt Beverly and Uncle Kenny.  
It's much more motivating to go to the gym when you have cute shoes and clothes to wear.  
Don't you agree?)

(And "Arkansas" dish towel on display in my kitchen.  You can tell from the wrinkles that Wes didn't get the "this is a for looks towel, not a for use towel" memo. Shame, shame, shame.  I've been wanting one of these pillows for awhile (but which state? Arkansas? Texas? Wisconsin?) but I absolutely LOVE the towel.  And this is a much more economical and space friendly way to commemorate all the states I've lived in.  Thanks Mom and Dad!)

(In my last post I highlighted my new lunchbox from the Tory Burch Neiman Marcus for Target Collection.  For those of you who didn't rack up on the 70% left overs after Christmas were just plain dumb.  $5 for my lunch box, $12.50 for these super cute Derek Lim House shoes (leopard is always a no brainer for me), and $25 studded leather gloves (me and Jordan will be twinkies).  You just can't beat a great sale! I am sooo my mother's daughter.  Side note:  isn't that an adorable picture of Wes and I in the background?  It's one of my favorites.  It's almost 4 years old but Wes looks exactly the same.  How do guys do that??)

(My girl power pink toolbox.  Just what every girl needs!
Thanks Mom and Dad:) )

(My sister has a small vintage camera collection.  By small I mean she probably has 10-15, and now I have my very own.  I also finally had room to bring the deer antlers my Uncle Kenny let me have home.  One of the things I'd also like to start doing is having more fresh flowers around my condo.  This is one of the first tables I see when I get home from work everyday so the fresh flowers are an instant pick me up!)


Unfortunately the Packer's run at the Super Bowl was very short lived.  I blame myself for jinxing us.  
A.  I asked HR if I could wear Packer gear on Monday if we won; she said yes. 
(perks to working in a manufacturing plant)
B.  I talked smack about beating SanFran on Instagram.  How embarrassing.
C.  I made semi elaborate plans about what me and my friends would do the following Sunday for the Packer Game.  Unfortunately, those plans now have to be altered. (Go Patriots??)


(Obviously during the first half of the game.  At the time we were "givin em hell." In retrospect we were "scraping by.")

(At least some of my friends could sympathize with how I was feeling.  
I always know KB's got my back.)

(Since we aren't too diehard of fans we recovered easily. Thanks & Gig 'Em.)

(Tomorrow Wes and I will hit the slopes!  I'm so very excited to test out my new Eddie Bauer light weight down jacket and Columbia gator.  
I will be very easy to spot on the slopes.)

A preview of some Valentine decorations...

(Pretty little banners I made to decorate my kitchen with.)

(Simple hearts cut out of some left over Christmas fabric and framed.)

(My little love bird trapped in my mini cake stand.)

(Delicate hand towels.   Wes will have another chance with the "for looks only" towels.)


Have a great weekend!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment