Monday, December 3, 2012

Gobble Gobble

So this post is a bit belated, but it's important none the less!  When my parents came up for Thanksgiving we had the BEST time.  Here's a look at the week...

(One of the first stops when they got in...
Leon's for some delicious butter pecan custard.)

This was my first Thanksgiving dinner to host and I have to say, it turned out pretty good.

(Rosemary Roasted Chicken.
I don't care for turkey all that much, so I went and picked out this 14 lb chicken
he was HUGE!)

(Sides includes cranberry stuffing, twice baked scalloped potatoes, and green bean bundles.)

(It made for a pretty dang good dinner!)

  
(And what is Thanksgiving without Pecan Pie??  
My mom and I made this one in a cast iron skillet.)

(Thursday night Mom and I headed down to the Kenosha Prime Outlets for a little Black Friday Shopping.  My main goal was to get Jordan new pots and pans from the Calphalon outlet.  In addition to her pans, I bought myself a ton of stuff (duh).  One thing is pictured above.  I had been wanting a Le Crusette cast iron dutch oven; but they are so expensive.  This one I got at the Calphalon Outlet retails at $300, was on sale at the Outlet for $69.99, and I ended up getting it for $36 after all my discounts.  
I know, I'm good:))

 (Friday we headed to the Lakefront Brewery for a Brew Tour.  My parents loved it!

(That night we headed to Erv's Mug for a Fish Fry.  
Here's my Dad with his first beer flight!)

(The gang at Erv's Mug.)

(Lunch on Saturday at the Harley Davidson Museum.)


Saturday we spent a large amount of time decorating my condo for Christmas and now it's all set up and ready to go!  
I'm really glad my parents helped me because it would have never gotten done otherwise!

 
(Decorating and crafting is a family affair for the Downey's and 
not even my dad was exempt from helping out.)


 (The finished product!)


(My favorite thing of all!! 
MY TREE!
In all of it's glittered leopard glory.  
I can't wait for Wes to see it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment