Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pre HallowEEK!

I love Halloween.  It's one of my most favorite times of the year.  The weather is usually gorgeous, the decor for the holiday is so fun, and who doesn't love dressing up?!?

Here's a look at the decor and events happening in Wisconsin!

(I made two crisps on Sunday afternoon with Wes.  One apple and pear, and one just apple.  I put the apple crisp in the oven when I woke up on Monday morning and brought it into work all nice and warm.  It was completely gone by 9am.  Success!)

(My new best friend; my pressure cooker.  Wes is a such a great guy and does a great job in supporting all of my crazy and stupid endeavors, like "hey, let's make and can apple butter and other stuff today". If yall know either of us it's no surprise I said that to Wes Sunday morning, and no surprise that Wes's response was "whatever you want crazy lady".)

I forgot to take pictures of the apple and pear butter process, but I did remember to take pictures of the peach jam making.  The apples were from the orchard that Wes and I went to this weekend, and all the pears came off of Liz's parents pear tree.

(Fresh peach jam!  Following Martha's recipe online this was pretty easy and I was completely canned and finished in around 45 minutes!  Not too bad for a bit of homemade goodness!)

(The finished products.  
Apple Butter. Peach Jam. Pear Butter.
BAM!)


 
(Wes and I tried out Tulip's down the street on Monday night.  It's a Turkish- Mediterranean place.  We started off with fried artichoke (which was so so so yummy) and then split their main platter.  
Lamb chops.  Chicken kabobs.  Beef kabobs.  Spicy Meatballs.  Beef Patties.
It was a feast to say the least!)

(Wes "teaching" me how to "properly sample the wine".  
I'm prrrrreeetty sure you don't start with a glass that big;))


And now on to decorations around our apartment!!  Yay!  I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!


(Halloween printables hung on the wall.)

(Spooky owl, Trick or treat sign, and a fresh pumpkin with a scare crow sitting on it.)

(I found this great lawn and garden place that had white pumpkins for .59 a pound.  What a steal!  I nabbed this beauty up to set on the side table next to our club chair and tv.)


More photos to come later!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment