Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas in the Mountains Part III

Christmas Eve has always been a big deal in my family. It's part of the Downey side family tradition.  
Now that Jordan & I don't believe in Santa anymore, we open all of our presents on Christmas Eve
and sleep in on Christmas Morning and have a late brunch. 
It's also a Downey tradition to have some kind of untraditional food for Christmas Eve Dinner.
Previous years have included; steak and crab legs, crawfish etouffee  and crab cakes, and an italian feast.
This year was no different and we had shrimp and chicken fajitas.  Jordan and Jim brought their
super fancy Vitamix (which Wes and I are totally going to get) and made delicious grapefruit margaritas.  It was the perfect evening!

(We got Scout a nice big bone for Christmas.
But he insisted on carrying around his stick instead.)

(Jordan & Jim getting ready to open Christmas presents.)

(Lots and lots of presents!)

(One of my favorite gifts from my parents, a Wisconsin shot glass.
They also got me one for Texas as well.  So I guess Wes and I will be collecting shot glasses 
from all the states we've lived in as well!)

(Another great gift!  Sock Monkey versions of Wes and I.)

(This year Jordan and I had a set of watercolor portraits done for my mom
by Lauren Willis Hudley whom we both went to high school with.
The prints turned out absolutely wonderful and nearly brought Becca to tears!)

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment