Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas in the Mountains Part I

This Christmas my family rented out a cabin in Northern Georgia, in the mountains of Blue Ridge.
So far we've had a great time; the only thing missing is Wes!

(My Mom and Dad out in downtown Blue Ridge.
We dropped my dad off at the fly shop to get some tips on fly fishing in the area 
while we continued meandering around.)

(We all stopped in Blue Ridge Olive Oil Company for a really cool experience.)

(The store had 60+ kinds of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for you to taste and create your own sampler packs, or buy by the bottle.  
They were all so delicious!  My favorites included the Cilantro and Onion Olive Oil as well as the Black Truffle Oil.  
I also picked up the Cayenne Pepper Olive Oil for Wes to try.)

(My sister and Jim were both able to come into town as well which was super exciting.
They picked up the big brother to my camera (Nikon D3200) with a Cyber Monday Deal.
We've spent a lot of our time trying to figure out how to work them:))

(Enjoying my samplings of olive oil.)

(We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at the Canterbury Cafe.  
They had some of the best She Crab soup I've ever had!)

(After lunch we continued our visit through downtown Blue Ridge.
Here we are out back of one of the local restaurants with a very lovely Christmas moose.)

(And now what we've spent the majority of our time here doing. 
Inside the cabin, roaring fire, a good bottle of wine, and family.  
What more could a girls ask for?)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment