Sunday, March 24, 2013

I'm Baaaack

So I clearly took a break from blogging.  Honestly I thought no one was reading it and didn't want to waste my time anymore.  Then my dad told me he looked at it a couple of times a week (aww) and wished I would start posting again.  So here I am, over a month later.  

Hope you enjoy the whirlwind of photos from the past month and a half!

(A game of Ticket to Ride with my good friend Emily + a couple of bottles of wine =
one dang good Friday night in February.)

(Hilarious moment:  Wes attempting to fold a fitted sheet.)

(Wes after dinner at Cafe Coquette.  He is the King of the Snow Mound.)

(Kathryn, my best friend from college, and her boyfriend of EIGHT YEARS got engaged!)

(A trip to the Milwaukee Public Museum to check out all the critters.)

(Wes met his long lost cousin.)

(One of my counterparts from the Brazil location came in town for the weekend.
Naturally we took her down hill skiing for the first time; she loved it!  
It was her first time to see snow!!)

(The saddest Ash Wednesday I've ever experienced.  I decided to give up cheese for Lent.)

(Cute homemade valentine's that I mailed to all my friends!)

(One of my bosses, Roger, hooked me up with SWEET tickets to a Marquette game.  
There is no zoom on this photo people!)

My friend Kathryn and I have always felt that February and March were completely loaded with our friends birthdays. Of the six girls I hung out with in college it was only Kathryn and I that didn't have a birthday in February or March. 
It's exhausting celebrating so much; but someone has to do it!

(One of my Dallas Divas, Gena, turned 23!)

(Another DFW Diva, Tyna, turned 23 as well.  Gotta love all the selfies we send to each other!)

(Meg turned 25 and celebrated a break from Lent with a coconut lime brownie from Cubanitas!)

(We celebrated Meg and Natalie's joint 25th birthday at Oak in the Third Ward.)

(Sarah and I celebrating at Oak.  Free champagne for ladies on Friday nights. Hey-o!)

(The cutest dang birthday cake ever that Sarah and I baked for Meg and Nat's post-birthday dinner.)

(It was as cute on the inside as it was on the outside.  Strawberry ombre!)

(Festive Spring decorations for work.  Gotta love DIY Sundays!)

(Chocolate chip muffins for my coworkers.)

(I got my first baking gig!  Sarah contracted me to make chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing.  
I took it a step further and covered them with sprinkles; a very fun and festive treat.
Best part?  I got paid with a Shellac Manicure!)

(I love all of my new magazine subscriptions.  
My mom and sister were both nice enough to give me their "free gift subscription" on everything they already take!)

(My Mom looking extra cute for St. Patrick's Day at school.)

(Wes and I woke up bright and early on St. Patrick's Day to run the Lucky Leprechaun 7k.  It was about 20 degrees out and windy as all get out.  We both finished with decent times and enjoyed a free green beer in the freezing weather conditions.)

(Meg, Sarah, and I post race.)

(In full party mode on Saint Patrick's Day in downtown Wawatosa!)

(St. Patty's Day weekend also marked my friend Emily's 24th Birthday.
We had a fabulous dinner at Louise's on the Square and then headed out for shenanigans!)

(My beautiful new, green Kendra Scott earrings! They didn't arrive in enough time for St. Patty's Day but I've been wearing them non stop anyways!)

(Chelsy, one of my besties from highschool is engaged!!  Congrats Cheese!)

(Shout out to my cousin Taylor!  She made 
THE COVER OF SPORTS ILLUSTRATED
with the rest of the Kansas Basketball and cheer squad.
She the blonde cutie on the left of the front role.  So cool, and she's only 19!)

This past weekend Wes and I accepted the Ultimate Challenge. 5 Brewery Tours in one day.
It was exhausting, a ton of fun, and very informative:)

(The agenda for the day, somehow lunch never happened...)

(10am- First stop of the day at Miller-Coors.)

(11:50am- Round Two was at Lake Front Brewery. 
 I crawled up in the mug!! And then immediately got scolded by the tour guide.  Ooops.)

(1pm- Sarah and Brett met up with us for tour of the Historic Pabst Brewery.
Wes picked up a delightful PBR trucker that will be making more 
appearances on the blog at a later time.)

(4pm- The Great Lakes Distillery.  
Nothing like championing through 6 shots in 15 minutes.  
Vodka, Honey-Lemon Vodka, Gin, Rum, a Whisky Blend, and Absinth
I think Sarah and I are sprouting hair on our chest now, haha.)

(5pm- We ended the day at the Milwaukee Brewing Company.  
Great beer, great friends, great day!)

(Our reward for a hard days worth of drinking?  
Five Guys Burger's and Fries. Yum.)

(And finally it was Sarah's birthday!! Congrats on a quarter of a century!)

(The Plaid Posse showed up last night a Whisky Bar.)

(Me, Meg, and Natalie and Blu last night.)

(This morning we all headed to Il Mito in Tosa for brunch. Their food is absolutely delicious!
Sarah and Meg both got out their cameras for some photos.  Needless to say I think they were on different levels. Hahaha.)

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment